Do we all agree to the fact that the world is an unpredictable place where anything can happen at any time of the day? You can be exposed to different unpleasant situations without any prior warnings. Therefore, it is considered a wise decision to take precautions for increased safety and security of not just yourself but those around you as well. If a place catches fire, it can spread very quickly with the possibility of severe damages and loss of life. In such conditions, a fire hose reel proves increasingly valuable as it can provide a sufficient supply of water to help control the spread. It should be noted that a fire hose is a favorable option for class fires where materials like paper, wood, cloth, etc., are involved.
The 21st century has unarguably proven that diversity always contributes to fruitful results. A total of two types of hose reels are available in the market, allowing you to choose the one that suits your requirements. Here's what you need to know;
· The first one is called the swing arm reel, and it is mounted on a huge hinge attached to the wall. The entire system is separately installed within a cabinet. An impressive factor to note here is that this type of reel is quite easy to use. You can take it out and extend it as much as required without any difficulty.
· Another one is a fixed wall-mounted reel, and it is permanently attached to the wall. This is connected to the main pipelines of the area, giving an unlimited supply of water. It is advisable to keep the surroundings of the wall clear to move the reel in case of an emergency without any difficulty.
The availability makes the decision-making process effective, as you can select the one that fully meets your needs. Experts suggest that you should activate the fire alarm before utilizing the hose and alert everyone of the situation.
Follow These Guidelines To Make The Best Use Of A Fire Hose Reel
There are a few helpful tips for efficiently using a fire hose reel and containing the fire successfully. Here's a list of instruction;
· Keep enough distance between yourself and the fire to avoid getting hurt.
· Make sure that the exit is nearby and you have a clear path to it.
· After turning on the valve of the water, open the nozzle, and aim it toward the fire.
· Once the fire is extinguished, turn off the nozzle and retract the reel properly.
· Now, turn off the valve and put a cap on the nozzle while putting the hose back on the holder.
An important thing to note here is that you need to release the pressure of the hose before putting it back. It is vital to find a trustworthy China fire hose reel exporter to get high-quality products; otherwise, you might end up facing substantial irrecoverable losses.